VOTE FOR ME IN THE UK BLOG AWARDS!
1. Do you prefer giving or receiving gifts?
When I worked, I definitely preferred giving gifts as I love putting thought into what people will really love! However, it’s a lot more difficult to get excited for it when you don’t have a job and income, so unfortunately I’m not as excited for that anymore.
2. Do you make and stick to new year’s resolutions?
Last year, I called them ‘goals’ instead of resolutions, and I actually did stick to some of them! I will definitely be making more goals for 2019.
3. Have you ever made a snowman?
Yes! My dad is actually so artistic and actually once made an igloo in our garden. The last snowman I made was when I was around 14, but because of my Raynaud’s I find it so hard to touch snow, even with gloves on, as it makes my hands so painful.
4. Is your Christmas tree real or fake, and what theme do you prefer?
We used to get real ones and I did like that, but we’ve had a fake one for about five years now and it’s really beautiful! I don’t really like the idea of cutting down trees and them all getting thrown away just for Christmas anyway now.
5. Most memorable holiday moment?
I think as of now, it has to be watching my old dog Joey opening his Christmas presents- hopefully Yogi will love it just as much this year!
6. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to this year?
I’m not sure if I will be well enough, but I’m really hoping to spend time with family. There’s also something so badass about drinking a glass of wine at 9am.
7. What is the best Christmas present you have ever received?
I’ve had so many lovely ones so I’ll just think of the ones from last year that I loved. My parents got me a glass owl tea light holder, and a light up jar that looks like it has stars in. I love getting makeup, comfy clothes and nice things for my bedroom.
8. What are your favourite holiday foods?
I love stuffing and mince pies!
9. What is your favourite Christmas film?
I’m not the biggest fan of cheesy Christmas films. The only two I really like are The Grinch, and Love Actually which isn’t a particularly festive one in my opinion.
10. What is your favourite Christmas song?
Fairytale of New York- The Pogues & Kirsty Macoll
11. What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
Spending time with my family, especially my parents
12. What would be your dream place to visit at Christmas time?
My dream is to one day go to New York in December, it’s something that I’ve wanted for a very long time!
13. Who do you spend Christmas with?
I usually spend it with my Mum and Dad, but go and see my sister and her family on Christmas Day too, but I don’t know if I will be well enough for that this year.
14. When do you start getting excited for Christmas?
I used to hate Christmas and never really get excited for it because I’d always have to fight to try and get time off work, and I even worked Christmas Day two years ago. I’m pretty sure that I’ll start getting excited when we get a little way into December this year, now that I no longer work.
15. You have one Christmas wish- what will it be?
I’d wish for a cure for Fibromyalgia.